How Do I Hot Compost?
- INGREDIENTS: mix by volume equal amounts of green material (vegetables and fruits) and brown material (leaves, stems, chipped wood, and other plant material)
- TEMPERATURE: turn material after core reaches 130 plus degrees for 3-5 Days. Decomposition happens in the core.
- TURN: rotate compost by moving the core to the outside and outside to inside of the bin. This can be done by lifting the bin off the pile and replacing the material, or placing two bins side-by-side and moving the material from one bin to the other.
- WATER: Moisten lightly as you turn, like a wrung out sponge, but not dripping wet
- REPEAT: the process is complete after doing steps #2 - #4 five times.
View Compost Bin
Click Here for videos on how to properly compost using a Garbe Wood Works compost bin.